Feb 27, 2009

Blueberry Crumb by HoneyB


Yet another rainy day, it started out warm though, I even turned my heating off (save a few dimes), and opened the door wide… Dropped the kids off to school, and then it was momma’s time! Sipping coffee, and reading HoneyB’s posts, always a good way to start a day! Her blog is filled with life, her personal stories, so heartfelt, and real, in addition to great recipes which she shares with all of us.

This morning before work she made this Blueberry Crumb Cake (wish I was her co-worker ), and I just wanted a slice right then and there, with my coffee. I read the recipe, and realized I had all the ingredients, even blueberries, no need to run to the store, just got up, and I made it.

The recipe is simple, just get everything prepared, and mix away. I was done in a flash, and it was baked just in time for my husband to try it before my highness did!!! He was back home from a pick up, walked in with a grin on his face, like :“Perfect timing!“, and then kept snatching away my photo subject. So, I just snapped couple of photos, before it was all gone. He ate like a third of the cake!!!


It is delicious, just look at those crumbs, and blueberries, which have that magic power to become more flavorful when baked. The whole house smelled just like a bakery, so we poured another cup of coffee, and enjoyed the warmth indoors, as the temperature dropped, and snow started frosting the grounds again!!! Thank you HoneyB! I had you in my kitchen today : ) Really enjoyed this cake! Again, you can find the recipe here.

9 comments:

Olivia said...

First off as a blueberry fan this looks great, but man your camera shot is so clear! This is the kind of picture I was I had on my blog, but unfortunately Santa didn't bring me a nicer camera last Christmas.

Shelby said...

Wow! lol, I'm so tickled you did this and the same day even! he he. Yours looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Samo malo da sam blize, ni mrvica ne bi ostala :-))))
teta B.

oneordinaryday said...

Looks pretty AND delicious!
Michelle
http://oneordinaryday.wordpress.com/

Melita said...

Thank you ladies!

Teta B - da je sat, vec bi mi pile kaficu, ali ovako, sacekacmo, ali nadam se ne predugo :)

Elyse said...

I was just admiring HoneyB's post and pictures. Now I'm looking at your divine pictures, and the two of you have really conspired against me. I'm pretty sure I just HAVE to make this crumb cake now. I mean, seeing it twice like this, it must be a sign, right? It looks oh-so-good!

Marija said...

Look at that color! Stunning!

Anonymous said...

I saw this at Honey B's too...so beautiful as I love blueberries. I love the inspiration food can give to just get you up and go make it!

Anonymous said...

Well done!! I'll try your recipe!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS