Mar 11, 2008

Raining apples...

Tired of apples yet? : ) Not me! You must think it has been raining apples here in MI! Almost!!! They have been my main ingredient in the past few desserts. I really love apples, and making apple dishes. See, I am just plain lazy when it comes to eating an apple, or in a way, I just forget. But, I do remember to bake, cook, fry them, and what not!

I use them in any way possible, and here is another recipe for an easy apple cake. I have being carrying this recipe around for over 10 years, and I forgot exactly who gave it to me.

Apple bundt cake

It is a wonderful, aromatic, decadent cake; not dry at all, easy to make, and sure to please even those “first borns” in your family (I am reading “The Birth Order Book”, by Dr.Kevin Leman, courtesy of my lovely neighbor).
I now make it in a form of a bundt, and I see there are many similar recipes for this cake here in the USA, so it should really be called:

Apple Bundt Cake

You’ll need:
6-7 medium apples
4 eggs
For next 3 ingredients use the metric side of your measuring cup:
200 ml of sugar
200 ml of oil
½ liter of flour
1 Tsp of cinnamon
1 Tsp of unsweetened baking cocoa
1 ½ package of baking powder (21 grams)

Ok, so let’s get things moving! : )
Wash, peel, and grate apples, and set aside. Now, let’s start making the cake. First, divide yolks from whites, and mix the yolks with a mixer on high speed, slowly adding the sugar, till it’s nice and smooth. In a separate bowl, mix the egg whites until very stiff, and then add it to the yolks.
Apple bundt making-1Apple bundt making-4
Now, mix in oil, then flour (which you have premixed with baking powder), and mix well. Add apples, but squeeze most of the juices out of them in your hands. Drink the juice (hopefully your hands were clean : )! Cheers!
Apple bundt making-5Apple bundt B4 oven
Add cinnamon and cocoa, and keep folding until all well blended. Transfer to a greased, and floured bundt pan, and bake @ 405 F for about 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven. You’ll know; you’ve baked before! ; )
Now, enjoy a piece! :)
Apple bundt slice

5 comments:

Deborah said...

I would never get sick of apples this way! This cake sounds wonderful.

Shelby said...

The slice of cake looks so nice and moist! I haven't been able to get myself amped up enough to bake yet this month. Heck, Grumpy's been lucky if I even have felt like cooking dinner! Guess my "real" life has me tired. Anywhoo - wish you were close enough so I could come over and enjoy a slice :-)

Melita said...

Thanks honeyb! I would love to share a slice (or two)! :)

Brilynn said...

I always think bundt cakes are so pretty, yours is no exception! Look great!

Unknown said...

I made this last week, and I just used applesauce because we were out of apples, but I must say that this is sooo moist! Loved it!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS